Area of expertise
Development-oriented leadership and continuous improvement
Greater freedom of choice, increased mobility, faster information flows and more efficient actors in increasingly complex markets. It is a reality that companies and public organizations must be able to handle today and in the future.
Challenges of reaching all the way forward
Most businesses try to create learning organizations and establish ways of working for continuous improvement. But even though the approach is good, the increased efficiency and the expected improvements in results too often do not materialize. But the potential is there, as several examples of success show, and those who succeed have a big head start into the future.
The governance and management model – how we set and follow up on goals, how we make and communicate decisions – has a major impact on the conditions for effective development work. Therefore, management's commitment and understanding of the business's value creation and continuous improvements are crucial to realizing the results.
Methodological support is required, but also development-oriented leadership
Models, methods and tools for continuous improvement have a pedagogical strength that supports the implementation of successful working methods. But at the same time work is required to create an overall understanding, decide on principles and demand the right action. The model and method choices then become the answer to the needs found in the specific business.
In order to achieve the effects of the development and quality work, it is required:
- Ability for business-related and cross-functional analysis
- A development-oriented and trust-based leadership and
- Structures and methods for development work
All this must be based on the current conditions in the business.
- Knowledge transfer of approaches, methods and
principles of continuous improvement
- Analyzes and assesses needs management model, management system
and management processes
- Plans and helps lead the change
- Adapts and helps you use methods and tools
for continuous improvement
- Coaches the business in process and value flow analysis
- Educates and coaches in areas such as effective communication,
change management, planning and business analysis,