Purchasing – follower or leader?
Purchasing functions of today face challenging expectations:
• Proactive and flexible
• Stable and explicit
• Professional and supportive
• Leaders and problem solvers
• Modern and agile
• Adaptive and easy to work with
• Strategic and operational
• … and on top of all bring considerable savings!
The expectations of a purchasing function are often contradictory. As the market continues to transform with expanding globalization and increasing collaborations, organizations are facing new kinds of challenges. To remain competitive, modern organizations need to navigate consciously and ensure that the right actions are performed at the right time to support the business.